The University of Ghana announces for the information of the general public that applications are open for the admission of prospective applicants into various undergraduate programmes for the 2013/2014 academic year. Applicants should take note of the following:
i) International Applicants (in Ghana and the West African sub-region) who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2013 are eligible to apply.
ii) For all other international applicants, only results provided by applicants at the close of applications shall be considered.
iii) For the Bachelor of Arts programme, applicants are required to select subjects from the list of bouquets provided. Up to four (4) subject bouquets must be selected in order of preference.
iv) There is direct admission of applicants into all programmes offered by the College of Health Sciences but as first choice only.
v) There is direct admission of applicants into the various Programmes available in the Faculty of Science. Applicants will be expected to select up to four (4) choices in order of preference.
vi) There is a direct admission of applicants into Level 100 of the LLB Programme at the Faculty of Law.
vii) Holders of other qualifications including International Baccalaureate (IB), IGCSE, GCSE, American Grade 12 examinations which hitherto were admitted to Level 200, will be admitted to Level 100.
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS TO DEGREE AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
University of Ghana on-line application E-VOUCHERS can be obtained by Ghanaian applicants for GH¢110.00 at the following banks: Ecobank, HFC Bank, Agricultural Development Bank, Ghana Commercial Bank, Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank, UniBank and Fidelity Bank. Ghanaian applicants in the following categories are expected to apply using the E-VOUCHER:
o WASSCE/SSSCE Applicants
o Diploma Applicants
o Diploma to Degree Applicants
o HND Holders
At the Bank, applicants will be required to indicate their names, mobile phone numbers and e-mail addresses on the bank voucher before they are served. Those without e-mail addresses will however not be disadvantaged. A confirmation of their PIN will be sent to their mobile phones. Applicants should buy the University of Ghana application E-VOUCHER and CAREFULLY follow the instructions given. After the application has been submitted on-line, the PIN should be kept in a safe place as they may be required by applicants when assessing their admission status at a later date. They will also be required to present the e-vouchers to any of the Institute of Continuing and Distance (ICDE) Centres in the regions or to the Alumni Centre area (Legon Campus) for a copy of a prospectus and CD ROM from March 1, 2013.
After submission of the online application, Diploma to Degree and HND applicants are expected to submit the following documents to the address below.
i. Two (2) original copies of Diploma/HND transcripts
ii. Where applicable, two (2) certified copies of ‘O’ and ‘A’ Level certificates/result slips.
Academic Affairs Directorate
University of Ghana
P. O. Box LG 25
Accra – Ghana
i) All Applicants must take note that the process for admission to the University of Ghana is very transparent. Applicants should therefore beware of any persons who may approach them on the pretext of assisting them gain admission for a fee.
ii) Since the 2007/2008 academic year, the University of Ghana has ceased to admit applicants with the West African Examination Council’s Ordinary and Advanced Level Certificates.
iii) HELP DESK
Applicants needing any help can send their enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Help Lines are:
0302 213820 ext 6018 0302 213820 ext 2637
The Help Lines can be reached between the hours of 9.00am and 5.00pm (Mondays to Fridays).
iv) ALL APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEIR ON-LINE APPLICATIONS ARE CORRECTLY FILLED AND SUBMITTED.
v) Mature Applicants for the Diploma in Adult Education and the Diploma in General Agriculture, are expected to report for the COMPETITIVE ENTRANCE EXAMINATION AT 8:00AM ON SATURDAY MARCH 23, 2013 at the ‘N’ Block.
NB: All applications must be submitted online by the deadlines stated below:
Post First Degree LL.B Friday March 29, 2013 (5:00pm)
International applicants & Ghanaians abroad Monday April 15, 2013
Diploma applicants (Regular & Sandwich) Friday April 19, 2013
Diploma to Degree (Nursing Top-up) applicants Friday April 19, 2013
Graduate Applicants Tuesday April 30, 2013
All other applicants Sunday June 30, 2013
INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS AND GHANAIANS APPLYING FROM ABROAD
International applicants and Ghanaians applying from abroad should visit the University’s website at http://admission.ug.edu.gh and follow the instructions given.
After completing and submitting the form on-line, applicants are to print a proof of submission, add all relevant certificates and send to the address given below with a non-refundable fee of US$110.00 or its equivalent in International Money Order. Applicants in the West African sub-region should pay the application fee through Ecobank. The original copy of the pay-in slip should be added to the downloaded form and other documents. Completed documents are to be sent to the address given above.
GHANAIANS WITH FOREIGN BACKGROUND
Ghanaians who apply with foreign qualifications from schools which write the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the IGCSE such as Alpha Beta, Faith Montessori International School, Ghana International School, New Nation International School, SOS – Hermann GMEINER International College and Tema International School etc., should follow the application procedure for international students stated above. They should however pay the application fee of GH¢110.00 through any Ecobank branch and submit the original copy of the pay-in slip to the above given address together with a copy the other specified documents.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL UNDERGRADUATE APPLICANTS
- All applications must be submitted ONLINE at http://admission.ug.edu.gh on the purchase of the University of Ghana application e-voucher.
- All applicants (Ghanaians and applicants in the West African sub-region) who will be writing WASSCE in May/June 2013 are eligible to apply. Such applicants must indicate their WASSCE index numbers and the subjects they will be writing on their application forms.
- For all other International applicants, only results provided by applicants at the time of submission of their applications shall be considered. However, applicants for the Certificate in English Proficiency Programme who are awaiting results are expected to apply before the deadline.
- The programmes at the College of Health Sciences, except those offered at the School of Allied Health Sciences, are offered as first choice programmes only. For second and third choices, applicants are strongly advised to choose courses from the Sciences.
- Qualified Applicants to the Bachelor’s degree on the Legon Campus who are unable to meet the competitive cut-off points determined by the Admissions Board for admission to preferred programmes of study may opt for the Fee-paying Scheme. Interested applicants must indicate this option on their application forms.
- All applicants who have ever attended or graduated with Certificate/Diploma from the University of Ghana from 1996 to date should indicate their **STUDENT IDENTITY NUMBERS** on their application forms. The same number will be used in the intended programme of study if admitted.
- All applicants must indicate whether they wish to be considered for residential facilities or not. While the University of Ghana cannot guarantee residential facilities to all applicants, every effort will be made to assign students to facilities of their choice or suitable arrangements will be made to accommodate them in privately owned hostels.
In all cases, students admitted and assigned rooms must pay the relevant Residential Facility User Fee as part of the admission and registration processes. Students, who apply for residential facilities and are assigned rooms, are obliged to take up those rooms or forfeit their places at the University.